How to select the appropriate type of core drilling bit cutting media for your application…
Dimatec offers core drilling bits that have been grouped into five different categories depending on their cutting media. These categories include
- Diamond impregnated (smaller synthetic diamond crystals),
- Surface-set diamond (larger natural diamond crystals),
- TSP-set, or thermally stable polycrystalline (medium-sized synthetic diamond elements),
- PDC-set, or polycrystalline diamond compact (larger synthetic diamond elements that are also known as “Pax-type”),
- Tungsten-carbide (with saw-tooth or granular chip elements).
To assist in tool selection, this page provides access to the Dimatec general application chart (by cutting media type) for mineral exploration bits in PDF format.