Machining at Dimatec
Precision Machining at Dimatec
Dimatec continues our 30-year history of being trusted with crafting precision machined parts used in the oil and gas, drilling, mining, and energy sectors.
Working to the specifications of our Original Equipment Manufacturing (OEM) customers, or collaborating on the design and engineering of metal parts for current and new customers, the staff at Dimatec continually strive to up hold our reputation for quality.
Working closely with our customers, Dimatec’s machined parts are used in some of the harshest environments on the planet. In the past, Dimatec engineers have worked with NASA to develop a drilling tool for the Martian surface.
Engineering support is provided by computer-aided-design (CAD) systems for 3D solid modelling and a computer-aided-manufacturing (CAM) systems used to program our CNC equipment.
A competitor in the global economy, we continually ship our products from our Canadian headquarters to businesses and industries around the world.
Increase Your Capabilities With Our Machines
Let’s Talk: 1-866-202-5875
In our +40,000 ft2 facility we utilize 20 Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) 3-to-9 axis machining center run by highly skilled machinists or integrated with robotic automation.
Our maximum machining size capabilities include a Max. OD=Ø18.0”, Max. ID=Ø16.0” and Max. Length= 60.0”. Tolerances are gauged to .0005 and confirmed on a Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
Dimatec offers a range of additional in-house special processes that include:
- Surface wear protection solutions through the integration of powdered metal matrix-bodies into steel components
- Surface treatments such as Zinc-Phosphate and anti-corrosion coatings on steel components
- Shot peening of external and internal thread connections
- Cold thread root rolling of API rotary shouldered connections in compliance with the requirements of ANSI/API Specification 7.2:2008 and ISO 10424-2:2007
- Non-destructive testing (NDT) in the form of liquid dye penetrant inspection (LPI) using either the post emulsion fluorescent process or the visible dye water washable process, depending on the physical size and shape of the component being inspected.
Dimatec has a registered quality management system that complies with the current standards set out by ISO (International Organization for Standardization) in ISO 9001:2015 and the ISO/TS 29001:2010, “Petroleum, Petrochemical and Natural Gas Industries – Sector-Specific Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Product and Service Supply Organizations”.